FLUORICUM ACIDUM [Fl-ac]
Hot, cachetic. Puffy, indurated or fistulous tissues. Bedsores. Puffy glabella.
Acrid, eroding sweat.
COMMON NAME : Hydroflouric Acid.
SOURCE : Solution of spar.
FAMILY : Mineral acid.
A/F : - Syphilis
- Abuse of mercury or silica
MODALITIES : < Warmth; warm room, warm food or drinks > Cold, cool bathing, cold applications Open air < Alcohol ( red wine) > Rapid motion < Sour foods > While walking < When constipated > Short sleep < Delayed menses or micturation > Bending head back < Morning > Eating < Rest < Standing [but >than when sitting] < Rising
MIND : 1. Impulse to walk fast; necessity to be on the move.
2. Lasciviousness; ogling the women as they pass by so great is his lust.
3. Aversion to his own, to loved ones but becomes interested and converses pleasantly with strangers. Internally he feels isolated and often anxious.
4. Inability to realize responsibility.
5. Insanity with reticence and silence ( Mathur).
6. Fear of suffering (Vithoulkas).
7. Materialistic. Dominering. Libertinism. Preoccupied with the fulfillment of his sexual cravings.
8. Indifferent to business affairs.
9. Irritability; sends nurse home.
10. Cheerful during menses.
11. Mistakes; uses wrong words, opposites, right for left and vice-versa.
13. Hurried, rapid speech, rapid eating.
GUIDING INDICATIONS : -Suited to pale, miserable, cachetic, flabby, broken down constitutions, YOUNG PEOPLE WHO LOOK OLD [Arg nit, Kreos, Sec-cor].
-Destructiveness is marked; caries of bones especially long bones, ulcers, bed sores.
-Always feels too HOT, wants to bathe in cold water. < warmth in general > cold [ Reverse of Silicea: < cold > warmth].
-Discharges- thin, foul, acrid or salty causes itching [Coca].
-Increased ability to exercise his muscles without fatigue regardless of most excessive heat of summer or cold of winter.
-Pain- lightening, on small spots, come suddenly, lasts for a short time, disappears quickly [Bell, Mag-p].
-Old cicatrices become red around edges and threaten to become open ulcers [Caust, Graph].
-Tissues puffy, indurated, fistulous especially dental and lachrymal.
-Symptoms seem to go from below upwards (Clarke).
-Cannot bear extremes of heat and cold (F.V. Concordance).
-Head-Falling of hair; after fevers.
-Headache worse from not urinating, and better from urination.
-Headache along the suture lines.
-Eyes-Sensation of cold air blowing through the eyes.
-Ears-Deafness > bending head back.
-Nose-Copious watery coryza.
-Mouth-Teeth discolored, decay rapidly, at roots, sensitive to touch and food, teeth feel warm.
-Toothache >washing with cold water but cold drinks
-Tongue- fissured in all directions with large deep phagdenic looking ulcers in centre; painful when talking (F.V. - Concordance).
-G.I.T.-Desire for pungent, highly seasoned food, cold water.
-Aversion to coffee. Thirst; craves refreshing drinks.
-Warm drinks and salmon produce diarrhoea.
-Gnawing hunger, eating relieves temporarily.
-Stomach symptoms > tight clothing [ Nat mur] [opp. of Lach, Hep, Sulph].
-Ascites from hepatic disorders, induration, enlargement and portal congestion.
-In dropsy, produces frequent and free discharge with great relief.
-Chest-Oppression in chest > bending backwards.
-Difficulty in breathing <-> metrorrhagia.
-Male genitalia-Swollen scrotum. Varicocele.
-Oily pungent smelling sweat on genitals.
-Increased sexual desire. Promiscuity.
-Female genitalia-Feels distressed if menstrual flow is delayed.
-Menses- too early, profuse, copious, frequent, too long.
-Extremities-Nails grow rapidly, distorted, crumble, have longitudinal furrows. Grow too thick in some places, too thin in others, break easily.
-Sensation of splinter under nail.
-Feet hot, must be uncovered at night.
-Varicose veins-painful, especially in women who have borne many children.
-Whithlow with terrible throbbing pain.
-Skin-Scars; surrounded by pimples, become red around edges.
-Itching especially of orfices; in spots. < warmth.
-Feels as if hot vapours emitted from all pores.
-Naevi; flat of children.
KEYNOTES : 1) YOUNG PEOPLE WHO LOOK OLD.
3) Increased ability to exercise without fatigue.
4) Lascivious; ogling women as they pass by.
5) Cold drinks < toothache, but toothache >washing with cold water.
6) Desire for highly seasoned food, cold drinks. Aversion to coffee.
7) Old cicatrices become red around and edges, threaten to become open ulcers.
CONFIRMATORY SYMPTOMS : 1) Prematurely old people.
2) < warmth > cold.
3) Destructive tendency.
4) Increased ability to exercise > rapid motion 5) Lasciviousness with increased sexual desire.
NUCLEUS OF REMEDY : -A remedy for deep destructive processes; the periosteal, osseous and connective tissue being especially affected - exostoses.
-Cancer, ulcers and fistula formations. All symptoms are relieved by cold applications.
CLINICAL : -Bone disorders, Peptic ulcer, Sexual disorders, Varices.
-Falling out of hairs after typhoid. - Dr. Boger.
REMEDY RELATIONSHIPS : -Compare- Calc-f, Calc-s, Med, Nit-ac, Puls, Sil, Sulph, Sul-ac.
-Complementary-Coca, Silicea -Follow well-After Ars in Ascites of drunkards.
After Kali carb in hip disease.
After Coffea, Staph in sensitive teeth
After Phos-ac in diabetes.
After Sil and Symphytum in bone disease.
After Spongia in goitre.